Monday, October 27, 2008

San Francisco Trip

There are so many exciting things that have happened this year, but probably the most exciting would be the trip to San Francisco, in August, that we earned with Primerica. We had been to San Fran before with KFC but this was completely different, and absolutely amazing. Before we left I thought at times "it is just San Francisco" Well I was completely blown away. I don't know how else to explain it! OMG I can't wait for Atlantis, got to get to work!
I have some pictures of the trip that I thought I would share.

Jake and I standing in front of the "Tourist" China Town!





This is Jon, Amanda, Steve(the dork! Jake and him get along too well! He! He!), and Jake in the picture. A bunch more of us walked to China Town from the Hilton and had a blast checking out all the different cultures all I can say is what a crazy place. If you have been there you know what I am talking about! The Tourist China Town is probably 10 to 15 blocks long and we found that if you turn off that stretch you get into the "Real" China Town. We were shocked how many Chinese people we saw, the sidewalks were literally jam packed with people and for the the whole hour we hung out there I didn't see one Caucasian person (I am not joking). We stopped on a street where there were Semi trucks lined on the street unloading live fish! They were dumping the fish from the tops of the semi trucks to the ground in these bins, people walking by were getting wet with fish water and acted like it was nothing, Yuck!!! They took the live fish into the shops and cut them up right in front of you gutting them and everything. It was absolutely cool but disgusting at the same time! I tried to overcome the smell but my stomach couldn't handle it and on the way back to the hotel I had to through-up! I felt so stupid cause all the people on the street were watching me, I felt way better when I was done though! :) Awesome experience!!! He! He!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love the blog. That trip was great. BAHAMAS IS GONNA ROCK!!! See ya in a week ;)